Find important information and answers to many commonly asked questions about:
- Deductibles, Copayments and Coinsurance: Better understand deductibles, copayments and coinsurance, and find out what out-of-pocket costs you are responsible for under your plan.
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs): Learn about FSAs, how they work and how they compare to HSAs and HRAs.
- Health Savings Accounts (HSAs): Learn about HSAs, how they work and how they compare to FSAs and HRAs.
- Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRAs): Learn about HRAs, how they work and how they compare to FSAs and HSAs.
- Out-of-Network Care: You get your highest benefits when you see Medica network providers. To see how much you save, check out this side-by-side comparison of costs for care received from an in-network versus an out-of-network provider.
- Pregnancy Care: Find out what you need to do to get the most out of your benefits during your pregnancy.
- Preventive Care: Understand what is and isn’t covered under your preventive benefit.
- Referrals: Read answers to many questions regarding referrals, including how they work and when you need one (applies to Medica Elect and Medica Essential members only).
- Saving With Generics: Learn how much you could save by comparing commonly prescribed brand-name drugs with their less expensive generic alternatives.
- When and Where to Get Care: Find out how to decide when to seek care and what type of provider (convenience care, doctor's office, urgent care center or emergency room) to visit.
Return to previous page.